Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-07-20, 7:00pm

Exclamation i need a tutorial!!! please

hello. me and my girlfrend really want tot do lampwork and were ready to buy a kit. but we dont knwo anything about anything.. i read i think almost all te tutorials on this website and some on other websites and i get the concept but i would really like a step by step basic, this is how you start a bead and dont ever do this and this is what this stuff does kind of thing. if anyone can find some time and do that it would just make our day. month even. because we are much to broke to go take a 500$ class.. thank you very much!!!!
Old 2005-07-20, 7:10pm
Glass Addict!

Get the book......Making Glass Beads by Cindy Jenkins.
Amazon.com and Overstock.com is the cheapest.
Read it several times....and study all the great pics.
Then dive in!
Diana

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-07-20, 7:19pm

I agree with Diana. I read Cindy's book cover to cover at least twice before I took my "basics" class...which showed me much needed safety information and had someone there with me to help with the fear of the torch. I also was able to watch then repeat making a bead. But...you can do that by watching a video as well. I learned SO much from my class...but it was reasonably priced and in my neighborhood.

You can do it with videos and that book.

Cass

Old 2005-07-21, 5:59am

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinmyhead
hello. me and my girlfrend really want tot do lampwork and were ready to buy a kit. but we dont knwo anything about anything.. i read i think almost all te tutorials on this website and some on other websites and i get the concept but i would really like a step by step basic, this is how you start a bead and dont ever do this and this is what this stuff does kind of thing. if anyone can find some time and do that it would just make our day. month even. because we are much to broke to go take a 500$ class.. thank you very much!!!!

Where are you guys from? Get the book by Cindy. It will help you out alot. What type kit are you looking at? Where will you be setting up your studio? Do you have a building away from your house or will you be in the garage? I will try and help.

LAURIE HUNT
Old 2005-07-21, 2:46pm

Smile thanx!

we live in the east bay (oakland) in cali. we where going to set up our stuff outside in the backyard or at my moms studio (she does all kinds of art) im not sure what kind of kit we will buy yet i think i saw one for about 160 that came with a torch, some rods and some tools. do you know where their are any other kits??? where is a good place to set up?? thanks
Old 2005-07-21, 5:15pm
Pete

Public Glass in San Fran offers some flameworking and beadmaking classes. ..and open torch for $15 an hr
http://www.publicglass.org/

Good Luck!
Pete

Old 2005-07-24, 7:26pm

ah, the joys of torching in the driveway....entertaining the neighbors
welcome to the club!
That Cindy Jenkins book is the BEST
Next on my list is Corina's "Passing the Flame" (christmas?? )
~Lyn

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies