Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-11-10, 2:15pm

Default New Gaffer COE 104 Clear Review

I tested some new Gaffer Glass 104 clear and posted it on my blog. Has anyone else tested some? If so, let me know what you think.

http://lutrick.blogspot.com/

Finally thoughts: YAY nice clear over regular colors, NO over Clio.

I got a sample at a local show, I don't know when it will be out nor how much it will cost.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2013-11-10, 6:16pm
I'm meeeeelting

Those are beautiful. I haven't tried mine yet but have been hearing good things, although someone told me it turned yellow of a DH color.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-11-10, 10:59pm
Artistically Absorbed

Gorgeous Lara!!! I guess I know where we all will be going for our next girls glass outing!!
-Becca

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2013-11-11, 11:23am
Slogan Challenged...

That encasing does look gorgeous on the regular colors. Shame about the silver glass, but I think the effects of the one on top are still interesting. You have gorgeous beads, Lara Thanks for doing this. Do we know the pricing for this glass yet?

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-11-11, 11:51am
dances with ideas...

Yummy beads, Lara!

Old 2013-11-11, 5:47pm

Thanks ya'll. Yup, yellow or green on the silvered glasses.

Kristin - I don't know a price.

Old 2013-11-12, 12:56am

<3 the stripey beads above, especially the dirti martini ones.

Too bad about the yellowgreen silver and the super softness, makes it a no-go for me. Their 96 clear is gorgeous, bright and clear, kind of on the stiff side (a great clear for large mostly-clear beads and marbles).
Old 2013-11-14, 7:21pm

I don't know if I would call it super soft....it melted nicely. I like a softer clear as it cases easier.

Old 2013-11-14, 8:42pm
I'm meeeeelting

I want to say it was maybe $6-7 a bundle. I think the bundles may have been 1/2 lb. each, but I'm not absolutely sure.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-11-14, 8:49pm

Their bundles are usually 1/4 kilo, so a bit more than a half lb
Old 2013-11-14, 9:43pm
I like to melt things

I'm dying to know if they are planning to melt any other 104 COE colours. The clear looks really nice, and seems like it will be very reasonably priced.

-
-
Old 2013-11-15, 6:12am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieG View Post
I'm dying to know if they are planning to melt any other 104 COE colours. The clear looks really nice, and seems like it will be very reasonably priced.
I don't get the impression they love doing lampwork cane. It only gets pulled when they are finishing up a run of rod of the same color, and they told me earlier this week they were thinking about eliminating some of the slow movers in 96.

Tags
color testing, gaffer glass