Old 2005-08-01, 6:14pm
Resident Luny

Default Lunesse's Studio that Dad's Love Built

So here's what it was:

And here is what it is now (and of course, never this clean again!):

the torch bench

the fusing and cutting bench.

the tubes set up

Dad figured this out all himself as a place for me to store sheet glass.

My wall of "inspiration" and fire extinguisher!

Propane sits outside!

And last, but definitely not least, my wonderful Dad, who took a birthday request for a simple workbench and made a miracle, and had a completely wonderful time doing it, which is the best part. He's so proud of it, and he should be.

Dad surveying the work at the end of a day.

(Dale, not that you need it, but you have my permission to let fly)

All that is left is to tie the hoses back, I think, other than organizing the stereo wiring and putting the frame around the door and windows.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.
Old 2005-08-01, 7:06pm
Word to your mother

Lucky ducky! OMG...and you love Duran Duran too. Oh, but aren't they about the best thing to come out of the 80's?

Old 2005-08-01, 7:29pm
Boheme Flamework Designs

Hi Lunesse

WOW I love it!!! Does your Dad hire out

Deb Cline
Old 2005-08-01, 8:21pm
MomOnAMission

Quote:
Originally Posted by boheme'
Hi Lunesse

WOW I love it!!! Does your Dad hire out

Ditto~what she said WOWZERS!!! Think he'll come to Michigan???
Old 2005-08-02, 5:45am

Looking good!

LAURIE HUNT
Old 2005-08-02, 8:24am
BAP of the Torch

Arn't Dad's just wonderful.
Old 2005-08-02, 8:36am
Resident Luny

Dad has jokingly said "$10,000 for time and materials." I think I will show him this thread when I see him this weekend, he and Mom are still hanging out at the Oregon Coast for a couple more weeks.

Old 2005-08-02, 9:46pm
Dildo Kween!

Aren't Dad's great! Wonderful studio you have!

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2005-08-03, 3:57am
Red*Dog*Designs

Your Dad looks like a sweetie pie - that is a wonderful studio !

Be thankful that your Dad is still living and make sure he knows it !

Debi

We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot

Old 2005-08-03, 4:50am

Lunesse awesome girl. You are going to be creating like crazy in this wonderful studio spot. KUDO"S to DAD. nicely done. I love the little green dish that you posted this week. YOu already are ready to rock and roll. And yes we have Duran Duran in this house too with all my girls and a rock hubby. Glad to see you use the posters still. vanity
Old 2005-08-03, 8:54am
Resident Luny

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanityfairetoo
Lunesse awesome girl. You are going to be creating like crazy in this wonderful studio spot. KUDO"S to DAD. nicely done. I love the little green dish that you posted this week. YOu already are ready to rock and roll. And yes we have Duran Duran in this house too with all my girls and a rock hubby. Glad to see you use the posters still. vanity

Hah, Vanity, it's the only place I am allowed to post them up anymore, and the room isn't big enough for all the ones I collected in the 80's.

Old 2005-08-03, 8:58am
Resident Luny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi
Your Dad looks like a sweetie pie - that is a wonderful studio !

Be thankful that your Dad is still living and make sure he knows it !
I'm pretty sure he does, but I'm still trying to think of a way to show my gratitude. We aren't the "hugging" type much...

Old 2005-08-04, 5:49pm

Incredible Dad you have there!
Old 2005-08-05, 9:27am
Gentleman of Leisure

In response to your P.M. and so others my benefit, The only thing I notice in you pictures is torch hose draping down in area where you put your feet/legs.... ideally it should be supported across the horizontal area (below bench top) and against side of vertical cabinets... This keeps it out of the way. You do not want to get tangled up in it with a sudden move, and it helps eliminates real possibility of torch being pulled off bench top when it is lit.... I see you have "creation station" that will help secure torch to bench top, but may not be enough if you get tangled up in hoses in panic situation.

Yes we Dad's are wonderful!

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2005-08-05 at 9:30am.
Old 2005-08-05, 10:41am
Resident Luny

Yes, tying off the hoses are definitely on the to-do list, they do get in the way. I'm sure I can find a way to bracket them to the bottom of the bench somehow and off to the side.

Thanks, Dale!

Old 2005-08-06, 2:22pm
Fusing Glass

omg gf your Dad is just like mine was. he would have done anything to help me out. whether you are the hugging types or not please hug your Dad for me, here I sit in tears as my Dad has been gone from us these past 8 years beautiful studio!!!
Old 2005-08-08, 10:00am
Resident Luny

McDuck, I gave him a hug yesterday and said I love you, and thank you.

=)

Old 2005-08-10, 6:44am
It's time to sparkle

wowowowowwow wow
That is a purty studio!

Old 2005-08-14, 11:23am

Yes give him a hug for me too. Mine is gone tooo. So that is wonderful that you have a dad that will help you build a studio. Excellent job. He is a keeper.
Old 2005-08-15, 5:38pm
The 2 Michelle's

LOVE the artwork!!!!!!!

Old 2005-08-16, 12:34pm
Resident Luny

heheheh. The boys are very inspiring. The painting was done by an ex boyfriend YEARS after we broke up and had grown up. He hadn't seen me but the resemblance was uncanny, so he gave it to me as wedding gift.

Old 2005-08-16, 2:14pm
The 2 Michelle's

You know...I think I had the same poster (top left) hanging in my bedroom when I was a kid!

Old 2005-08-16, 8:08pm
Resident Luny

Ah, yes. Seven and the Ragged Tiger.

"Now Available in Both Album AND Cassette!"

HEEHEE.

Old 2005-08-17, 5:20pm
das gut!

Beautiful studio. I'm enchanted by your father's selfless act of love for you.
Do share with him these posts, as he is deserving of unmitigated praise.
Enjoy!!
Old 2005-10-06, 4:06am

D2 Rules!!!!!!
Old 2005-10-06, 9:34pm
Superkitty

Your dad is awesome! Great job!

Deb
Old 2005-11-09, 12:16am

Aren't Dads brilllliant!!! Jenny
Old 2005-11-09, 6:55am
Satake Woman!

Wow, can I borrow your dad????

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2005-11-09, 10:59am
Leila Carras

wow so neet wish my dad was in my life. but my husband is working on astudio for me it will be so neet when it gets done
Old 2005-11-09, 1:03pm

my dad's been gone almost 16 years. he always wanted me to pursue art, and really encouraged me. i know he'd be so proud now. **hugs to you and your dad**