Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-06-19, 4:35pm

Default Strawberry R139 frit?

I bought this in the garage sale. I am having a dickens of a time with it. Over white it is ok. Over clear - scummy. Low flame, high oxygen so I am not burning it - I don't think I am anyway.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
I have loads of it. I ordered more than I thought and will be selling it very cheap in the garage sale. (mostly to cover shipping from Australia)
Thanks for any help.
Old 2014-06-20, 8:29pm

Hi Trish,
I'll buy a small bag off you and give it a go I have brought a few rods of Reichenbach and I really like the colors. I have not tried the strawberry. I will message you this afternoon when I finish work.
Jo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-06-21, 12:40am

No worries Joey. (My sons name!)
Old 2014-06-21, 2:14pm
Glass-aholic

I know there was mention of a red/ruby/strawberry of some kind that would do nothing but scuzz but they said it made a beautiful reduction, so maybe try reducing, or reducing and encasing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-07-14, 8:16pm
They see me rollin'...

I'm sorry that it's not working out for you. I hadn't tried that one before I sold it. Strawberry is a nice color in the rod, so I figured that the frit would be nice too. I did try it on CIM Desert Pink the other day and it was fine. Maybe it's good on more colors?

It was the extra rich pink powder that does the reduction thing. I've been putting it on everything and I just love it. I discovered that if I hit it with an oxy flame first and then reduce it it turns silver. Otherwise it's more of a bronzy gold. It's too bad that Zimmerman went out of business (it was a Zimmerman color).

-Patti
Old 2014-07-15, 12:49am

Patti, it's ok. I am still going to try it. Over white it is fantastic. It is "strawberry". I sent some to Joey so she can make it sing!
Old 2014-07-15, 2:47pm
Artistically Absorbed

Ditto, Strawberry is an awesome opaque red in rod form, but have never tried the frit.

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64