No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2005-09-09, 5:24am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam
Default Ladies and Gentlemen... I present to you my home made studio!

My arms hurt like hell.. ( why ow why do toolmakers only think big man use a drill or an automatic screwdriver... and why is it my electric saw drags me through the wood when I turn it on.....)but I am so proud!!!

I do not have an extra room in my house ( well I have four... but those have been taken over by evil aliens ) so I had to make a place for myself.... and where do women belong? Right, in the kitchen!

After hours of drilling holes, measuring ( I suck big time ... I have like 10 holes extra because I missed an inch or two) this is the result! It's small, but room enough for my creativity

Have a nice day! Suzanne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-09-09, 6:21am
Formerly SirWatson

Wow! What a fantabulous studio set up! I really like how you have everything within reach and think it's great that you have your back wall protected!

Job well done!!

<><
Old 2005-09-09, 6:44am

It is so neat and tidy! You really need to get in there and mess it up girl!!!!

WAY TO GO!!! I love a woman that can wear a tool belt and arm herself with a drill!!!
Old 2005-09-09, 6:46am
JOAT, Master of None

I agree,,, go mess it up!!!! Cool space.
Old 2005-09-09, 6:53am
The Grand Foobah

Great job, pat yourself on the back and then go make yourself some beads!!!!

Foofaraw is a style. An attitude. A fresh glimmer of fun. Foofaraw is unique.
Old 2005-09-09, 7:28am

Ohh, so nice and clean! Congratulations! If it were my workspace, I would be messed up in no time!
Greetings

Old 2005-09-09, 7:35am
traumaqueen

It will take one single day to mess it up. It looks real nice and clean, but I simply can not work like this. I need every jar of frit and stamp and stringer piled up beside me

Old 2005-09-09, 7:37am

I love it Suzanne!

Old 2005-09-09, 8:03am
Meow is worse than Bite!

Hi Suzanne,
Cute set up. I love the color! But do you have the bottom of the shelf protected fom the heat?

Linda

"...precise, perfect people who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything." -Henry Ward Beecher

Old 2005-09-09, 8:21am
traumaqueen

Yes there is a big tile ( floortile) and I ordered a stainless steel plate ( similar to the one on the wall, but that takes a couple of days since they have to cut it to size for me, untill then I'll have to do it with just the tile and pray nothing comes flying off

Old 2005-09-09, 9:47am
Professional Bead Pimp

Saw "drags" for only a couple of reasons...

1. Blade is dull and not really 'cutting' its way thru the wood. Usual 'evidence' is lots of 'wood smoke' from the blade area.

2. Blade is being 'pinched' by the wood as it sags during the cut. Support the wood properly and it won't do this.

"Another Analog Brain in the New Digital World" - me
"The fact that nobody understands you doesn't make you an artist" - PopCap Zuma game, Level 12-7
Old 2005-09-09, 9:49am
traumaqueen

Uhh Bill..... The saw was excelent.... I was draging.... I looked as if I where waterskiing

Old 2005-09-09, 10:00am
Administrator

Moving this to the studios thread

Old 2005-09-09, 10:34am
traumaqueen

Thanks

Old 2005-09-09, 10:41am
Satake Woman!

Cool studio! Now lets see it messy after making beads.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2005-09-09, 11:08am
traumaqueen

Sure... give me two days

Old 2005-09-09, 11:18am
Resident Luny

Awesome! And so festive with that spunky wall!

- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.
Old 2005-09-09, 7:32pm
Dildo Kween!

I Love It!

It's just right! And I see you have the Val Cox marver too I just got mine a couple weeks ago and I've been using the THOUGHT to playing with it as a reward for getting other work done.

OK... so ummm SHOW ME THE BEADIES!!!

{{{squishy Suzanne hugs}}}

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2005-09-09, 9:05pm

It is AWESOME!!! great job!

Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne
My arms hurt like hell.. ( why ow why do toolmakers only think big man use a drill or an automatic screwdriver... and why is it my electric saw drags me through the wood when I turn it on.....)but I am so proud!!!

I do not have an extra room in my house ( well I have four... but those have been taken over by evil aliens ) so I had to make a place for myself.... and where do women belong? Right, in the kitchen!

After hours of drilling holes, measuring ( I suck big time ... I have like 10 holes extra because I missed an inch or two) this is the result! It's small, but room enough for my creativity

Have a nice day! Suzanne

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-09-11, 11:38am
what's a senior moment ?

Fabulous set up ~! Looks perfect in every way ! Love the color !
Debbie A.
Old 2005-09-25, 8:41am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

So neat....puts mine to shame! Maybe I'll clean it today!