No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-02-26, 7:33pm
Yeah me!

Default iris gold

Who make the iris gold reduction frit used for the boro effect?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-02-26, 7:41pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey*bee View Post
Who make the iris gold reduction frit used for the boro effect?
Are you asking who has it? Or are you asking what COE?

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-02-26, 7:45pm
Yeah me!

Both please.

Old 2009-02-26, 7:53pm
In spite of it all!

If you contact Bill or Donelle Thornton at Moretti and More, they will be able to help you with exactly what you need. Also Frantz Art Glass is another good supplier. Hope that helps with a few. I am sure there will be others that can supply other names.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-02-26, 7:58pm

Val Cox carries it, too - I like the size 0 grind.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-02-26, 7:59pm
"Sinners have soul too"

http://www.shop.themandrel.com/produ...&productId=411

I carry the Kuglar iris gold, it's COE93

Old 2009-02-26, 8:55pm
Yeah me!

So there isn't any that can be used with 104? Encased with 104?

Old 2009-02-26, 8:59pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I use it on top of transparent lt brown or straw yellow and encase with Vetrofond crystal clear. I don't believe there is a 104... if there is I've not seen it.

Old 2009-02-26, 9:21pm
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey*bee View Post
So there isn't any that can be used with 104? Encased with 104?
For the boro effect you make a stringer with straw yellow dipped a few times in iris gold frit and use it on top of a 104 transparent glass, then encase in 104 clear.

Old 2009-02-26, 9:35pm
In spite of it all!

Carolyn... do you have a photo of one using that combination? It sounds nice!

Old 2009-02-26, 9:48pm
Life is change. Love it

Here you go

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ht=boro+effect

Old 2009-02-27, 5:54am
Yeah me!

Thanks Carolyn!

Old 2009-02-27, 11:55am
Lampworkaholic!

Kugler makes Iris Gold as does Reichenbach, but I prefer the Kugler. I pull it into stringer with Effetre transparent brown. I like it over the Opalinos such as Carnelian or Copper, also over Lapis or Cobalt Pastels. The other Iris frits are nice to use too.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-02-27, 4:04pm

We have it too. It is one of my favorite frits of all time! I use it with 104 but only in small amounts.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !