Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-03-27, 5:38pm

Default silver glass twisties

I've tried some twisties using various DH glasses together, but usually the twistie effect gets lost. Is anyone willing to share good recipes?

It seems a shame to use much clear or black in the twistie, but I'm guessing that may be the answer to get a nice effect. It probably takes a non reducing glass mixed it there to get the contrast, right?
Old 2009-03-28, 1:19pm
Pyromaniac

At a guess, yes! Try making a sandwich with intense black in the center, then twist it out! I bet that would be be-you-ti-full!

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2009-03-29, 6:41am

Some of my favorites are just about any silver color with intense black and clear. I also love transparent cobalt, Aion and intense black. Oh, Michelangelo, intense black, psyche or another purple silver and of course intense black and clear. I reduce the twistie just a little before twisting so I can see what the colors look like when I am done. If you make a twistie of all silver colors it doesn't usually do as well because they do have a tendency to just bleed over each other. I will post more if I think of a few more I use sometimes. I have always been a fan of Van Gogh and intense black and oh yes, another one of my favorites is the dark violet tranparent (moretti), Aion, topaz, hades or intense black. I know this isn't a twistie but one of my very favorite backgrounds for encased florals or encased stuff is that light or dark violet with Aion frit. Reduce the Aion and it won't look like much and the encase it without hitting the Aion with the direct heat until you get it encased. I love that combo and also the same combo with cobalt and Aion. Aion is one of my favorite secondary colors for stuff like that but I have never been able to use it by itself for much of anything but Aion and Michelangelo are probably two of my favorites of all of them.

Oh, just thought of another twistie that is good. Rubino, Juno, psyche and intense black.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.