Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-03-16, 1:25pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

Default Best shipping rates?

I wasn't sure where to ask this question, but I figured our L.E. vendors would know best. I need to ship a box that weighs under 10lbs to B.C, Canada and I would like to know which shipping company is going to give me the best rate: USPS, UPS, DHL, Fed Ex???

If this needs to be moved to another catagory, please let me know! thanks Sandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2011-03-16, 1:59pm

I always ship by USPS to Canada because the other companies charge the recipient extra fees on top of the customs fees they will have to pay.

Old 2011-03-16, 4:27pm
one day at a time

Quote:
I always ship by USPS to Canada because the other companies charge the recipient extra fees on top of the customs fees they will have to pay.
Agreed.
Old 2011-03-16, 11:06pm

Excellent. thanks for the advise!

Sandy

Old 2011-03-17, 11:06am

Make sure you get a Priority Mail Flat Rate box, will save you a little money if the package has a little weight to it and your items can fit in it.

Old 2011-04-09, 1:03am

Hi
I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I was aways getting items by Priority Post. It was always way to much, sometimes the shipping was the same price as my order .Also I have waited 8 weeks or more for supplies. In March I bought some glass from the Garage. The person asked wich way I wanted it shipped , Priority or First class. First Class International was so cheap. I had given her $6.00 plus she refunded me $2.00! It only took 10 buisiness days. She also gave me the customs number and I was able to track it with that number.
I had ordered a few things and paid First Class. Same great service again. Sorry I didn't mean to write a book on shipping costs, but I was on the role.
Penny
Old 2011-04-10, 10:57am

Thanks, Penny! This is great information for future use. I ended up send the box USPS Priority for $36.00 and it took about 1.5 weeks to get to her with no additional charge to her at the end. The post office said, if I wanted to get a tracking # for the box, it would have cost $90 (NO KIDDING ~ OMG), so no tracking on the box and it still got there in 1 piece.

Thanks everyone for your great input. I think this would be a good topic to keep open for those "just in-case". hugs Sandy

Sandy

Old 2011-04-11, 10:45am

USPS to Canada may be cheap, but it's junk.

We've had Canadian customs hold USPS boxes for over 2 months. UNREAL!

DHL does not charge the extra fees on arrival, also they aren't that much more expensive. The service from US to Canada via DHL is 1 Day guaranteed.

From our door to the customers, 1 day!!!! We use USPS International at customer request only.

Old 2011-04-11, 6:50pm

Quote:
Hi
I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I was aways getting items by Priority Post. It was always way to much, sometimes the shipping was the same price as my order .Also I have waited 8 weeks or more for supplies. In March I bought some glass from the Garage. The person asked wich way I wanted it shipped , Priority or First class. First Class International was so cheap. I had given her $6.00 plus she refunded me $2.00! It only took 10 buisiness days. She also gave me the customs number and I was able to track it with that number.
I had ordered a few things and paid First Class. Same great service again. Sorry I didn't mean to write a book on shipping costs, but I was on the role.
Penny
Yes, first class is much less pricey, but you can only ship 4 pounds or less by first class- any more than that has to go Int'l priority.

Interesting about DHL- I will have to look into that!

Old 2011-04-16, 6:01pm

I am in Canada & have been buying supplies from the US for two decades now.

I always request USPS & First Class International if possible. Priority Post is much more expensive than this but less expensive than UPS or Fedex.

The difference in price at this end is huge compared to couriers.

Back in my day, we had nine planets.
Old 2011-04-16, 6:04pm
Entropy increasing....

Try to figure out what it costs to send a package to another country on the FedEx site. It's just not possible. It's like trying to figure out the tax code.
Old 2011-04-16, 7:42pm
Lampworkaholic!

The best thing about first class international is you can send up to 4 lbs. I think, not like the USA where first class is up to 13 oz.

The worst part is having to make a trip to the post office and fill out the customs forms.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-04-18, 2:21am
picking Job's Tears

Quote:
The best thing about first class international is you can send up to 4 lbs. I think, not like the USA where first class is up to 13 oz.

The worst part is having to make a trip to the post office and fill out the customs forms.
Yes, for all I know in the US above 13 oz is either priority or parcel post (FYI: parcel post to Hawaii really does go by boat).

I have been able to USPS click-n-ship to Canada (it prints the customs forms and I have a stockpile of the envelopes - if you have a printer that prints two sided you have to print the pages separately otherwise you get front and back which isn't what the PO wants).
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln