Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-08-11, 2:57pm

Default Lampwork Shops East Coast USA

Hi, there,
I'm a German beadmaker and travelling along the East Coast (Key West to New York). Are there any stores along the coast selling tools, glass rods (COE 104) etc. I'd like to buy some nice souvenirs
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to take home. Flametree Glass in Atlanta is to far off. Any suggestions where to find a list of full service retailers is highly appreciated as well as positve personal experiences with any shops. Thank you in advance and greetings from Germany, Spicy Beads.
P.S.: Starting my trip this Sunday.
Old 2011-08-11, 3:13pm

There are a few in the Virginia/DC/Maryland area. I'm sure others will chime in as well. Lorton Workhouse for the Arts has a small shop but does have space for open torch on Wednesdays if you'd like to get some torch time in. In Maryland there is Vitrum Studios in Laurel that sells glass (sheets and rods) and is a cool place. Also in Maryland is Wiesser Glass Studio in Kensington - also sells glass (sheets and rods) and is run by a local glass artist. Very different atmosphere in all three and I like them all for different reasons. Hope that helps. PM me when you're in the area if you have any questions.

ETA - all three also have tools etc. The MD locations both sell kilns and other supplies for fusing and stained glass.

PEACE ON EARTH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-08-11, 5:53pm

In addition to the above:

Wale Apparatus is in Bethlehem, PA. Not too far off the beaten track if you are going to NY. The carry a full line of lampworking items.

R4 Studios has a shop that I'd love to go to but can't remember the exact location. I think it is called Art Glass House. He has super prices and awesome to work with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-08-11, 6:29pm
Loving learning

They're in Cocoa, FL. I want to go in person some day, looks like a wonderful place!
The phone # is 800-525-8009
They're not open on the weekends as far as I heard.

Last edited by Eileen; 2011-08-12 at 10:36am. Reason: Edited to fix city, thanks BeauxArtz
Old 2011-08-11, 11:49pm

@ jeanne: wow, I'm amazed, so many places to go in the north coast area. I won't have any torch in time, unfortunately. - But enough time to stroll around and get some nice tools and rods, particularly silver glass (Northstar Precisision COE 104). Thank you for the many references and your offer to contact you. Greets from Germany, Kerstin
@Laura: we will definitely visit Lancaster County, and I hope the worldbest-husband-and-kids (mostly) feel like going another 60 miles up to Hellertown, probably they'd rather like to go to Hersheys
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) I'm also a little concerned about the limited opening hours (only 'til 1:30PM). Is Art Glass House the same as Rocio Studios in Cocoa Beach, FL? I'll stop by there. Laura, I love your pendants, they are beautiful! Thank you too and greets, Kerstin.
@Eileen: I'll make sure to to visit them on weekdays!!! Greets to you, Kerstin.
Old 2011-08-12, 8:46am
Triumphantly Knit!

It's a beautiful drive to Hellerton......

enjoy and welcome to the states!

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-08-12, 9:18am
Flaming my life away

Art Glass House is super! Talk to Ron Bearer, he'll be able to help you. It's in Cocoa, FL not Cocoa Beach; they are actually two different towns. The shop is right off of US 1.
Old 2011-08-12, 9:36am
Meet Molly

Kirsten,

I pmed you with LOTS of information concerning Rocio Studios.

I hope you do make it there because I'm certain you will have a wonderful time meeting Rocio and Ron. Also, they have a large selection of Precision Silver Glass COE 104.

I wish you the best of luck with your travels!
Neomi
Old 2011-08-12, 10:39am

Kerstin ... Thank you for your compliments on my pendants.

I would consider the R4 Studios/Art Glass House the must stop visit. Vitrum Studios in Beltsville, MD, is all Bullseye (90 COE) so if that doesn't interest you ... don't go out of your way. They do have a small selection of tools and kilns as well though ... and lots of beautiful sheet glass that I've been known to buy and cut in strips to make beads out of!!

And yup the kids will probably love Hershey ... make sure to go through Chocolate World, it's free unless you do the 3-D show ... and the best part they give you samples of new goodies coming out at the end!!!

Old 2011-08-12, 1:08pm

Art Glass House has a very large selection of tools and glass. Fun place to go.
Talk to Ron Jr.
Old 2011-08-12, 1:56pm

Thank you everybody!!!
I am very excited now to visit Ron and Rocio at Art Glass House. I've just thrown out unnecessary stuff of my suitcase (what do I need 6 pairs of shoes when I can instead fill up the space with nice tools and glass rods? - Worth the excess baggage costs!
).
Joy is always in the forecast!
Greetings from Germany, Kerstin.
Old 2011-08-12, 4:19pm
Triumphantly Knit!

You can ship, too, so you don't have to carry. Lucky you.....what a great road trip. Art Glass House is on my list of places to go!
happy happy joy joy!

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Old 2011-08-15, 1:55pm
Catchen' the Sun

Mountain Glass Art is in Asheville. Very nice folks.

SRA # K36 Catchen' the Sun Glass Art

Old 2011-08-15, 5:32pm

You can't beat Judith Conway @ Vitrum for great customer service!

Barbara
Old 2011-08-15, 5:51pm

Go to Corning NY not alot of supplyers there but oh my the glass history there. spend a day on market street a day at the corning glass museum. You will be glad you did.
Old 2011-08-17, 5:21am

Default Art Glass House/Rocio's Studio the same shops?

Hi,
you've been so helpful with your references - finally I made it to Palm Bay and want to visit the shop in Cocoa. Now I'm a bit confused. There are two locations listed in this thread: Art Glass House and R4/Rocio's Studio. Are they the same? There are two diffrent addresses listed. Do they have the same owner (Ron and Rocio bearer)? I'm so grateful for your help! Thank you all, greetings, Kerstin.

P.S.: Can't wait to go there - pretty excited!!!!!
Old 2011-08-20, 4:49pm

Default Was there!!!

Yesss!!!
I was there: Art Glas House and Rocio's Studio. I was very much impressed about the wide selection of glasses they offer. The very nice girl of Art Glass House said: this is like a candy store just without the calories - and yes, she's absolutely right! Service was excellent! Rocio has a very nice studio with 8 working places, all well equipped with a creation station, as well as good ventilation and A/C in the studio. She gives classes and also invites international artists (e.g. Claudia Pagel in November). Rocio makes beautiful beads! I bought some DH, Northstar glas rods, murrinis and her e-book. Ron and Rocio are very nice people and it was a pleasure to meet both of them. I hope I'll come back soon.
Thanks to all for being so helpful, lots of greetings, Kerstin (now on the Outer Banks)

Old 2011-08-25, 7:15pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Kerstin, I hope you've come north of the outer banks.....what an "interesting" time for you to visit the northeast.

namaste
Rowyn