Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-03-02, 10:37pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Default Matching Double Helix names to product codes?

I'm baffled! Last weekend I ordered quarter pound batches of 6 Double Helix colors off their website. Order arrived (VERY fast, nicely packed, GORGEOUS) but... the bundles are labled with codes. All that's on the invoice and packing slip are codes. And when you go to the website, all I can find are the names! NOWHERE can I find something that will tell me what these are! I don't have the slightest clue what I ordered (other than it should all be reducing.) I even tried looking in Stash Master, and that has the name in the product code field.

If the folks at DH are listening, it would be REALLY helpful if you added the codes to the website, or the names to the labels, or both! (Oh, and by the way - I LOVE the way you package shards! Very cool!)

Meanwhile, anyone have any idea how I can figure this out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-03-02, 10:45pm
Loving learning

My glass that I've ordered had the name on one of the rods. (label)
Some of the glass on the site has codes, not names, but I've never ordered any of that.
Are you certain you didn't order test batches?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-03-02, 11:01pm
da General

You probably ordered test batches. If you tell us what those codes are, we can help you figure out what to expect from them.

If you order DH regular production line, one of the rods has a label with the name of the glass and the production date.

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-03-02, 11:04pm
Just Me!

Same here, I always have the names on the rods, unless they are test batches.....Val
Old 2012-03-02, 11:43pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Well that answers it! It IS all test batches! What the heck was I thinking when I placed this order?!? (Okay, I know what I was thinking, it was something like "if this freaking winter doesn't end soon I'm gonna slit my wrists, lets go shopping! - but test batches of DH? Bet that was another insomniac night like tonight. )

Thanks for clearing up my lame-brained confusion. (slinking off in disgrace now...)

L-111

Last edited by eregel; 2012-03-02 at 11:46pm.
Old 2012-03-03, 7:33am
Fried Cat

Quote:
You probably ordered test batches. If you tell us what those codes are, we can help you figure out what to expect from them.

If you order DH regular production line, one of the rods has a label with the name of the glass and the production date.
Haley beat me to it. Those are test batches and are only available for a limited time. Also a hit or miss. You could theoretically have in your paws their new production color, or a glass that's one of many in a long journey towards their newest color.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-03-03, 7:40am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

You realize what this is going to force me to do... (besides not posting after Midnight, that is) When I use this stuff I'm actually going to have to *take*notes*... sigh...

L-111

Old 2012-03-03, 8:25am
Ready to hit the road

Quote:
Well that answers it! It IS all test batches! What the heck was I thinking when I placed this order?!? (Okay, I know what I was thinking, it was something like "if this freaking winter doesn't end soon I'm gonna slit my wrists, lets go shopping!
LOL! Been there, done that!

Old 2012-03-05, 11:03am
They see me rollin'...

Quote:
You realize what this is going to force me to do... (besides not posting after Midnight, that is) When I use this stuff I'm actually going to have to *take*notes*... sigh...
lol!! I hate taking notes too. What's worse is when I have been all industrious and taken notes and then I have no idea where I put the notes.

Anyway, I have lots of test batches from DH. My problem is that I have no idea what they were supposed to do. I guess one of these days I need to sit down and look them all up and write down how to use them. I just hope they are all still on the DH website!! Some of them are from 2-3 years ago.

So I haven't used a single one because I don't want to waste them figuring out what they do!

-Patti

-Patti

Last edited by Magicfire; 2012-03-09 at 3:55pm.
Old 2012-03-09, 1:33pm
Color Outside The Lines!

Default Test Batch Identification

Here's a link to our Color Archives. If you have additional questions, feel free to email us at

Thanks,
Jed at Double Helix Glassworks
Old 2012-03-09, 3:56pm
They see me rollin'...

Thanks Jed!!

-Patti