my first studio was in an apt, I just dumped my computer so i dont have pics, but heres the image: lol
turned diningroom into studio, in front of plate glass window, I could open and put a box fan to exhaust out of, the back door was to my right and could bring in propane from there and still leave it outside. I layed down laminate florring over the carpet just in case. :/ It wasnt pretty, but it was effective. MY air conditioning bills went to 400.00 a month in the summer. and im sure it was against every code in the books, however we were allowed to h ave propane bbq's on the same back porch i kept my propane on. so I rationalized. I was very careful with bleeding my hoses and I was on a hothead so no oxygen was used. and i kept two fire extiguishers near me at all times, I never ran into a problem, but it was alot of stress! worrying about any kind of mishap and people living so near. forunately my guy was a firefighter and kept me from getting complacant on anything, // is your torch unhooked, is the kiln off? is the valves shut tight, I never left my hose hooked to my torch as soon as i was done it was put back outside.
now i finally have a worshop outside the home, alot less stress! and all he has to bitch at me about is wether i have my safety glasses on or not.. Ive never seen or heard of a major catastrophy from lampworking, Ive seen some close calls however. so I would just suggest do everything in your power to make it safe. and have a great time! less stress more fun!