Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-07-09, 11:25am

Smile hannahs birthday!!!

hi, my name is hannah. you have probably seen me around BOC related social media
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i am a boc member, i have over 2500 beads!!! my 17th birthday is tomorrow!!!
on my blog, people have been messaging me as to how they can help me celebrate... I've been telling them to donate to boc. but i hear that Boc need bead donations
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I LOVE earning courage beads, they make such a difference!!!

my parents and i came up with an idea to celebrate my birthday!

its a bead challenge!!! (i read many bead blogs and can see how much y'all love them)

17 beads
-anything pink
-cats
-pink cats
-london themed/ olyimpics
-sea linons
-other animals but mostly cats
-unicorns

take a picture before sending them to boc, post it here and i will send you a post card

i LOVE writing post cards... and I'm headed to london so there may be some london themed ones...

-hannah

Last edited by 12upgig18; 2012-07-09 at 1:12pm.
Old 2012-07-09, 11:27am
Cancer SUCKS!

Great idea. Hope you enjoy your birthday!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-07-09, 12:37pm
I think I could be a bead

Sounds fun. Can we send in more than 17 beads?

Old 2012-07-09, 1:03pm

ya!!! mallory, i have to find something special to send you... i already need to send you a post card
Old 2012-07-09, 1:07pm

Great idea! I'll play

Old 2012-07-09, 2:07pm
I think I could be a bead

Hannah, a post card will be great!!!

Old 2012-07-09, 3:07pm
Shelarious

Awesome idea! And Happy Birthday!!

Old 2012-07-09, 4:04pm
flight risk

Happy birthday!

Old 2012-07-09, 4:09pm

Count me in.

Available as an audiobook

Susan Hasler--torch-wielding novelist
Old 2012-07-09, 4:17pm

YA! can't wait to see some cute beads!!!

-hannah
Old 2012-07-09, 4:35pm

6 people have said they will do it!!! thats 102 acts of courage to be honored by your kindness!!! thanks!!!

Last edited by 12upgig18; 2012-07-09 at 4:42pm.
Old 2012-07-10, 6:01am

Happy birthday Hannah! I'd love to make some pink beads for BOC.

Old 2012-07-10, 6:57am
Breaks Things

Default BOC bunnies

Happy Birthday Hannah, have a great time in London. I'll make some for you for BOC too, but my cats stink, so I'll do some bunnies........
Here's the first two and I put six more in the kiln

Hardalee

Last edited by Hardalee; 2012-07-10 at 8:19am. Reason: Added photos
Old 2012-07-10, 8:55am
Shelarious

So cute Hardalee!!! Love them!

Old 2012-07-10, 9:37am

wow! those are to cute!!!
Old 2012-07-10, 12:48pm

Hannah,
I hope you had a great birthday. I loved being 17 and I hope you do, too. I am going to try to meet your challenge. I am pretty new at this which means I am also pretty slow! However, I've been saving some beads for BOC for a while, so I might be able to come up with 17! I know I don't have any pink cats, but I know I have a cat or two in my BOC bowl. I made a pink bead today with you in mind. Hopefully, it will be a pretty bead when I open the kiln tomorrow! I think it is wonderful that you get to go to London! I'll post my picture here when I get 17 beads and will be looking forward to my postcard!
Vicki
Old 2012-07-11, 12:49am
Hobby Junkie

Have a wonderful birthday!!!! The temperatures here are too hit to torch, but as soon as they drop, I will make a bunch of BOC beads to send in.

Old 2012-07-16, 5:54am

Here they are: 18 pink beads, 17 for BOC and one for the birthday girl. Hannah, let me know which one you want.

Susan
Attached Images

Available as an audiobook

Susan Hasler--torch-wielding novelist
Old 2012-07-16, 6:38am

WOW!! love them!! they are to cute!!!

ill pick up a post card in new orleans!!
Old 2012-07-16, 6:40am

@glowbead, i just pm you

@hardalee the bunnies are to cute!!!
Old 2012-07-16, 8:08am

What a terrific challenge Hannah! You're so thoughtful to think of other BOC reciepients! I wish you a fantastic birthday and know that you'll have a blast in London and seeing some of the Olympic events! (London is a fun place to visit, even if the Olympics aren't going on!) I'll work on making some beads, and altho I don't really do well with posting pics, I'll get some made and sent.
Big birthday hugs,

ginger
Old 2012-07-16, 9:12am

Wow Susan, those are awesome! I pick the elephant. Oh, wait...I don't get to pick? Darn!

Old 2012-07-19, 10:59am

Here you go, Hannah! I am sending 25 beads to BOC to meet your birthday challenge! This is my first bead donation to BOC, but it won't be my last!
Vicki

Old 2012-07-19, 11:20am

Wow!!! Those are wonderful!!!! LOVE THE CATS!

Those will make many smiles
Pm my your address and I'll get your post card in the mail when I get back home

-Hannah
Old 2012-08-03, 5:50am

hi! i am in london now, so if you post your entry in the next week you'll get a london postcard!!

-hannah
Old 2012-08-03, 6:33am

Hannah - I never got my postcard, letter, or whatever. Please send me one from London!! Thanks!
Vicki
Old 2012-08-03, 6:15pm

Ooh, I'm glad I procrastinated! Here is mine:

I don't have any pink glass so I did them in bright colors. There is a dolphin, a sequoia, aliens, cat heads, penguin, some toothy grins, a Christmas turtle and a couple others. I hope you like them

Old 2012-08-04, 9:07am

@ vicki hmm... mom was gonna put them in the mail... ill check on that

@ danielle those are great!!! pm me your address! (it may take a wile...the mail and i don't get along lol)
Old 2012-08-30, 9:56pm

Yay! I got my post card from London
My daughter was hoping you could have One Direction sign it though, LOL!

Old 2012-08-31, 6:28am

Hannah - got both the note and the postcard! Thanks so much! Sounds like you had to visit a hospital while you were there? Hope all is well, now.