Bobcat 11 6.47%
Lynx 18 10.59%
Pyranha 15 8.82%
Hothead 23 13.53%
Other 34 20.00%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-09-28, 10:30pm

Default Torch poll

thought I would add a poll to my previous thread. If you answer in the other section...please add what you use.
Thanks again
Irene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Reenie; 2006-09-28 at 10:39pm.
Old 2006-09-28, 10:43pm
Viking Flame Keeper

I use a Betta.

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-09-28, 11:24pm
No Problem!

I have been using a National for years.. 8M with the premix ryder.. I do my soft glass beads with the SM-7 surface mix tip and often use a #2 or 15 hole hush tip for alot of my boro work.. I also have the SM-21 tip that really puts out but don't actually use it much..
I think every boro worker should have a 3A blowpipe with a stand. They are cheap, really versatile and have a focused intensity that is hard to match with surface mix torches and comes in handy for some projects.
Even still, I'm kind of in the market for a new wide-range bench burner myself and am really going to have to go around to try the ones I'm looking at to really decide, I won't feel content with my decision otherwise..
There is a nice surface-mix bead torch that I found locally that comes from Cezchoslovakia and sells for $175. I'm probably going to pick one up to try asap. I checked it out (it wasn't hooked up to try though) and it looks really solid with a nice tip configuration similar to a minor but much more solid.. we'll see..

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2006-09-29, 1:16am
Entropy increasing....

Oh, shouldn't we be able to pick more than one?

We have a minor, a pirhana and a cheetah.

My DH loves the cheetah and I bought the pirhana, but I like using the minor better. I just have never taken to the pirhana and it hums.
Old 2006-09-29, 5:28am
Satake Woman!

There isn't space for multiple torches! I have a National 8M, betta, minor, and HH

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2006-09-29, 5:52am

Bethlehem Betta with a Minor as a spare when I have a guest in the studio.

Robert
Old 2006-09-29, 5:59am

I have a Delta. I don't use the outer ring much yet, but I figure I will eventually and this way I won't have to buy any more torches.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-09-29, 6:12am
ManBearPig

6 Minors, MidRange Plus, Bethlehem Betta, Barracuda, and Tiger Shark. Going to be adding one of the larger GTT's to that soon, once I see what I can afford. Maybe a Python...

Old 2006-09-29, 6:30am

Betta and hothead....
Old 2006-09-29, 6:34am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

I have a Bobcat AND a minor.. Planning to get a Mini CC
I also have a HH somewhere....

Old 2006-09-29, 6:54am
I'm a lilac!

I have a Barracuda for my primary torch, and also have a Midrange Plus, three Minis and a Minor.

Old 2006-09-29, 7:05am
Pyromaniac

Minor & a Hot Head. Looking for a third torch!
Old 2006-09-29, 7:08am

hot head, and primary torch is a mid range

Old 2006-09-29, 9:24am
Ad astra per aspera

Midrange Plus with a premix on top for me. I've had it for 6 years and love it! (Had a Minor for 3 years before that.)

Old 2006-09-29, 11:34am

I have a Knight Bullet it is a great torch.I use concentrators for the center and tank for the outter.
G.
Old 2006-09-29, 3:40pm
& your rubino rod too!

I have a minor and a Bobcat.
D
Old 2006-09-29, 8:39pm
Crazy Snake Lady

I'm on a Hot Head now but I just bought a Mini CC!!!
Old 2006-09-29, 9:23pm
needs to light the torch.

Minor, Lynx & Barracuda

Old 2006-09-29, 9:33pm
A Splash o' Glass

Mid-range plus with a minor on top. Love it! I can do larger stuff on the mid-range and beads on the minor top without having to switch anything out. Just turn the different burners on.

Old 2006-09-29, 9:51pm
one day at a time

Mini CC, Bobcat, and two Hotheads. The reason I have the Bobcat is because a friend broke off a piece of cleaning wire inside a gas port on my Mini. I have yet to send it in for repair, and that's on my soon to be done list.

I do love the Bobcat though and I'm so glad I picked it as my emergency replacement torch. The folks at Flametree shipped it to me within two days when they were still in FL.
Old 2006-09-29, 11:12pm

Started on a Hothead, now on a Betta. Love it!!!
Mary T.
Old 2006-09-30, 1:35am
Entropy increasing....

See? You can't just ask which torch. It's which torches. lol
Old 2006-09-30, 2:32am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

I started out on a HH, switched to a minor and one concentrator, switched to a lynx with two concentrators, and I am now the proud owner of a barracuda and three concentrators. I run my cuda on two concentrators and it works like a charm . I have a third to give it a little oompf when needed ( I haven't used it so far).

I love my cuda, and I think it's the best torch ever ( untill I get a new one that is)

Old 2006-09-30, 2:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
See? You can't just ask which torch. It's which torches. lol
OMG You are sooo right! Geez I had no idea there were so many that had quite a few. Well I'm in a small area in house..Yea I know....But hoping to go NG pretty soon..I 'm kind of next to fireplace so it should be pretty simple but my area is only like 5 ft by 4 ft or so. On a corner unit from Walmart if that gives u an indication. Would love my own room but with 4 bedrooms and they are all used, I'm gonna have to wait till one of my kids move out!
Not hurrying them out but just the same.
Boro I would love to try but my beads are pretty small. Normally no larger than 18mm in size.....Most of them are about 10mm rounds and such.
I don't really see that changing anytime soon. The only one's that are bigger are because of presses but I normally use the middle of the 3 designs.
Now on a Oxycon....what's a good standard to get? I know there are alot of outputs on these things...
And the biggest thing of all...which doesn't have to be repaired as much??
Okay that's today's questions folks, I'm sure they're will be more to follow.
Thanks
Irene
PS how can u hook up two torches at the same time and only have to turn on whatever one your using?

Old 2006-09-30, 1:00pm
Entropy increasing....

I only use one torch at a time and I'm tanked.

Good question, though. How do you do that? Is there some kind of splitter invovled?
Old 2006-09-30, 2:49pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

yes a splitter. I have a minor on concentrators and a cudda on tanks with a mini cc on the shelf. I run both torches off the same propane with a splitter.
chris ann
Old 2006-10-02, 2:51pm

I have five - a minor, mini cc, midrange plus, lynx and barracuda. I've been switching between the lynx and barracuda lately. I have a oxygen generator but think I probably need a second one to really get all the oomph out of the barracuda. Also, my clear seems clearer with the lynx. Not sure why but I think I'm getting more scumming with the barracuda. I've been using both Vetro clear and crystal clear.
Old 2006-10-02, 6:05pm

Mirage
Ro
Old 2006-10-02, 7:16pm
In search of her path....

I have a Cheetah I use mainly right now , I had a bobcat before that....I also have a Minor too I have to the side to use for some soft glass stuff.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-10-02, 7:42pm
Is it May yet?

I have a major/minor. Started on a fireworks..."graduated" to a HH. Moved up to a Mini CC. Now I have my big fire!

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life