Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-10-18, 9:43am

Default Elvis has snowed us all!!

Thanks to Paul Trautman. Finally got my hands on some samples of Paul's new colors from Ross at ABR and I have to say the two blizzard colors are some of the COOLEST colors I've seen in a while. Way to go Paul, and thanks for sharing!! They are blue and purple based and have white specs in them. The sticks feel rough to the touch, but they work like butter. No cracking issues or any other problems so far. Can't forsee any problems at all with these. I made two marbles with these colors and thought I would share. ADD THESE TO YOUR PALLETTE OF COLORS YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!!! Thanks again, email me if anyone has any questions about the colors. Off to play with some of the other samples I have!
-chris
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-10-18, 10:20am
yukue fumei

WOW! Amazing glass and marbles Chris! Thanks for the heads up!
How do you like it compared to Disco Sparkle and Steel Wool?
Thanks!

nagi

Old 2007-10-18, 10:27am
Satake Woman!

Wow! Those are absolutely stunning.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2007-10-18, 10:41am
Boro Brat

Must...have.....glassssss..........

Old 2007-10-18, 10:45am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyr View Post
Must...have.....glassssss..........
Yep, what she said!

Vanessa
Old 2007-10-18, 10:46am

Pretty! I'm itching to get back to my boro!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-10-18, 11:44am
Glass-aholic

that is sooo cool!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2007-10-18, 11:59am
Type ZZZ personality

Wow! Those are cool. Now I gotta get me some!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2007-10-18, 12:56pm

Oh Chris, those are amazing. Awesome new colors, I love them... kind of dichro-ish but without the sparkle.
Niiiice!
Old 2007-10-18, 1:28pm
Serenity Now!

Holy Mother of God!! Awesome, awesome, awesome...you absolutely, totally, and completely ROCK!!!

Memo to self: Need to buy more glass...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-10-18, 1:45pm
Trying to Hope!

omg i love those wow great job

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-10-19, 6:28am

Thanks everyone, Nagi, Disco sparkle does nothing for me and I've not heard of steel wool. Is it another GA color? I can tell you one thing, I used these two new ones some more yesterday and I'm in love!!!
-chris

Old 2007-10-19, 6:48am

Very pretty! So they aren't sparkles but white specks?

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2007-10-19, 3:20pm
Skeptical Optimist

It sounded like they were sparkly but this is the first I'm hearing after seeing them on ABR's site and thinking, "I haven't seen anything on LE about this yet..."

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-10-19, 4:33pm
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Rice View Post
Thanks everyone, Nagi, Disco sparkle does nothing for me and I've not heard of steel wool. Is it another GA color? I can tell you one thing, I used these two new ones some more yesterday and I'm in love!!!
-chris
WOW--cool!
Thank you so much for the info Chris! (Steel Wool is the new Northstar color, I just bought some but haven't tried it. Supposedly soon they will have a Pistachio color available too)...Trautman colors never disappoint, so I will be sure to buy it. Is Ross the only place to buy it at this time or are there other vendors?
Thanks!!

nagi

Old 2007-10-20, 4:47am

Jamn, you've got it, it makes for a very interesting color! Nagi, I'll have to try some of the steel wool, and if the pistachio is anything like the original stuff we will finally have a good white to work with! I think Momka just came out with a pistachio as well, not 100% sure though. As of right now the only white I like to use is GA's new white jade. It's a cadmium color and it's the only solid white that I know of. So exciting with all these new colors!!!!!
-chris

Old 2007-10-20, 6:02am

These look great - what company is Paul Trautman or does he have his own company??

Sandy
Old 2007-10-20, 8:33am

Those marbles are breath taking!!!

Brenda

Old 2007-10-20, 8:54am

Paul used to own Northstar glass, and has since been making these colors on his own. I know ABR has them, I'm sure there are some more companies that stock them as well.
-chris

ps-thanks Brenda!!

Old 2007-10-20, 11:47am

Thanks, Chris...just had to order some of this...

Sandy
Old 2007-10-22, 1:41pm
Does it come in Purple???

Wow!!! Incredible work and fantastic colors - now to get some of that glass

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2007-10-23, 4:06pm

Well that pusher Ross at ABR just posted a 30% off Elvis colors in the Sale Rack through Sunday. Hmmm can I afford a pound or so I wonder...

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-10-24, 6:47am

I saw Paul this weekend in Japan. His new company is called Glass Hawk.

Other good news is that he has a line of 104 glass coming out also. I saw two of the 104 colors and picked a little. I will post picks of the results when I get a chance.

Brad Pearson

Now Fully Stocked!!!!
Old 2007-10-24, 8:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsonglass View Post
I saw Paul this weekend in Japan. His new company is called Glass Hawk.

Other good news is that he has a line of 104 glass coming out also. I saw two of the 104 colors and picked a little. I will post picks of the results when I get a chance.

Brad Pearson
Is Paul in the business of creating spin-off companies? Do I have this right? He started Northstar, then Precision, "Elvis" seems to be a new brand and not just a Precision color, now Glass Hawk.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I can totally respect a person who is 100% into creating new glass formulas but has little interest in running a company.

His 104 glass looks interesting but it will be a LONG time before I buy $100/LB glass.

I actually know very little about Paul Trautman so if I am way off, I'm sorry.

~R
Old 2007-10-24, 8:41am
I speak Murrini!

Wow, those are amazing!!! The colors are so lovely and frosty looking!!!! Wish we had something like THAT in 104

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2007-10-24, 9:04am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

they are absolute perfection! I can see lots of oportunities with this color, absolutely lovely!

Old 2007-10-25, 6:11am
Boro Brat

I keep coming back to drool...

Chris, did you have to show us this right after I put in my big glass order??

Old 2007-10-25, 8:55am
Skeptical Optimist

No NightCat, Abe is Precision, now part of Northstar. Paul is Glasshawk that makes Elvis colors and others. Cheers!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-10-25, 11:00am

Somebody going to make a snowglobe marble now??

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2007-10-26, 3:06am

Sorry Pipyr!! I just couldn't keep it to myself!! I'm in the same boat though, I only order one of each stick to try them out, now I wish I had more! Need to order more glass, can't go on without it..........Thanks for the comments Suzanne, I had some time to make a couple more with these colors, check them out!
-chris
Attached Images