Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Boro bead books for a beginner

burntfingers
2006-02-10, 11:01am
I'm interested in dabbling in boro ... I've never used it before, but I'm wondering what books you would recommend to a beginner that has never ever played with boro.

ukiacat
2006-02-10, 11:30am
I don't know about books but you might want to consider going to www.technicalvideorental.com

If you click on Arts and Crafts, then click on Glass, you'll end up with a list of video/dvds to rent. I noticed that they have several that sound interesting in terms of boro.

I rented two dvds from them last week and it was great. The dvds were in stock so it only took 3 days for them to get to Oregon from the east coast and I had them for a week then put them in their self-addressed, stamped envelope and sent them back. $9.99 each turned out to be a good way to do it because, although I learned a couple things by watching the dvds, I also learned that I would have been very disappointed had I spent $75-80 to buy the two I rented.

Anyway, I think seeing is easier than reading about it and it might help you narrow the field if you decided you want to buy one.
J

Cosmo
2006-02-10, 12:28pm
Boro Bead Magic by Doug Remschneider. Technical Video Rental has it...

River Horse Studio
2006-02-11, 5:13am
I also found the book by Lori Robbins and Ron jr and Rocio Bearer was really helpful! You might consider that one.. You can find it on Loris website..www.lorirobbins.com.

burntfingers
2006-02-15, 7:15am
Thanks everyone! I ordered a couple of dvds from the website you gave me a link to. I can't wait for them to get here! :cool:

River Horse Studio
2006-02-15, 9:01am
wow... I just got Boro Bead Magic by Doug Remschneider and watched part of it last night... what a great dvd!

kbinkster
2006-02-22, 12:14pm
wow... I just got Boro Bead Magic by Doug Remschneider and watched part of it last night... what a great dvd!
The accompanying recipe book is pretty handy, too.